Childbirth Education &
Birth Techniques Series
4 Sessions San Francisco
Using hypnosis, relaxation, meditation, breathing, the power of your mind, and the connection with your baby to give birth the way that nature intended.
In this series, I teach women and their partners who want a non/low intervention birth, everything I think they need to know and practice for labor, birth, and immediate postpartum in the hospital, home birth or birth center.
Be the EXPERT of your body.
Harness your COURAGE and STRENGTH.
Become the parent you ADMIRE.
You and your partner will get:
- An understanding of the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of birthing
- A set of practices to help you integrate the relaxation, breathing, hypnosis and mind-training techniques.
- Information and skills to have the best chance of a low or non interventive birth while knowing what could take you off that path.
- A deeper connection to yourself, your partner, and your baby so that you can navigate the birth from a foundation of love.
- Knowledge about the routine birth and postpartum procedures that occur in all birth locations.
Jewish Community Center of SF
3200 California Street @ Presidio
San Francisco, CA 94115
Limited to 15 couples.
When to take the series
As early as 24 weeks. Taking the class earlier gives you more time to integrate the material and practice the techniques. The class and practices will help you have a better pregnancy too. Do your best to complete the series by 37 weeks of pregnancy.
- History of birth
- Different ways birth can look
- Birth procedures
- The ways animals give birth
- Physiology and hormones of birth
- Understanding your beliefs and fears about birth
- Choices around birth location and birth team
- Effect of language and thoughts
- The karma of birth
- Birth as an Initiation
Relaxing Birthing Techniques
- Self Hypnosis and guided relaxation
- Breathing to support your body and focus your mind
- Deepening your connection with your birth partner
- Keeping your nervous system calm in labor
- Encouraging baby to be in a symmetrical position
- Signs your labor might be starting
- What happens after labor starts
- How to go towards the sensations of labor
- How to change positions or locations smoothly
- Moving your baby down (pushing)
- Benefits of having a doula along side your birth partner
- Advocating for yourself and your baby
- Communication with friends/family and medical providers
- Cord clamping, placenta birthing, perineal care
- Managing special medical circumstances
- Assessing necessity of interventions/protocols
- What the partner should (and shouldn’t) do
- Newborn procedures
- Taking care of yourselves after the birth
- Connecting with your baby
- Your first moments with your baby
- Create a better long-term relationship
My husband and I connected on a deep level
Rachel provided so much information about preparing for birth, giving birth, what to expect at the hospital and then what to expect after you come home with your baby. She keeps it real too, telling you the facts that allows you to make informed choices And she can be really funny when it gets into the awkward stuff:-).Allison R.
We truly OWNED our birth experience
The class fostered more love, communication, and understanding that made my husband and I grow even closer. The self-hypnosis exercises helped me easily go into a very introspective state. During labor and birth, I connected with my primal self, which was huge in terms of staying focused. My husband was able to support me in ways I had not imagined.Julieta P.
An Expert and Kind Soul
As the dad-to-be, I thought I was prepared for the birth of our son, but AFTER Rachel’s class I was 100% ready no-questions asked. Her teachings helped me to guide my discussions with the hospital staff and coach my wife through the later parts of a beautiful and natural birth.Lawrence A.
Become A “Pregnancy, Birth And Beyond” Audio Program Affiliate
Are you a pregnancy, birth or postpartum professional and want your clients to be even more supported?