Private Birth ClassesBy appointment in San Francisco or Skype
Private Birth Classes
By appointment in San Francisco or Skype
Contact Rachel to schedule a 3-hour private class at her home, office, or over the internet, if:
- You took Rachel’s class with your first pregnancy and want a private refresher class.
- You are having your first or second baby and not able to take the series or the intensive.
- You have special circumstances that require personal attention.
- You are taking Rachel’s Birth Techniques Intensive course and need the private class to cover those topics that are not covered in my comprehensive series. Topics include: birth plans, procedures and protocols, medications, common interventions, special circumstances, optimal fetal positioning, newborn procedures, self care after the birth, and more.
In the private class, we cover:
- Birth philosophy and benefits
- The 5 essentials of Birthing
- The physiology of labor and how the techniques support your body and mind
- What to do during labor
- How to provide labor support
- Self hypnosis, directed breathing and visualization
If you are having your second baby*, the refresher class will also cover:
- Your first birth experience and what’s in need of clearing or healing so the new baby has a clear path
- How second births can typically be different from the first
- Emotional adjustments for parents with second babies
- VBAC births, if you had a prior cesarean
- Ways to prepare your first child for the new arrival
*If you had a difficult or traumatic previous birth experience, I highly recommend you schedule a private 2-hour depth hypnosis therapy session before attending a private class with your birth partner.